splitting out on_winver_change() and friends

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 04:49:39 CST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 5:43 AM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about rather than writing another application to do this, you make
> winecfg take arguments on the command line so you could set something
> like
>
> winecfg foo.exe --winver win98 --dll=gdiplus.dll=n
>
> Then all you need is a script for your known bad applications....

Actually, another way you could do it is to use inf files and store
them in a database. We discussed something like this for the appdb.
Using inf's would be a cleaner method than hacking winecfg to automate
importing this data in to the registry and then everyone can use it.
I'd suggest if you know of an application thats buggy, needs the
version and dll information hard set, you try the inf route and submit
it to appdb if its an application listed there.

Thanks

--
Steven Edwards