Can't Run Day Of Defeat 1.3

Duncan Youngson duncan.youngson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:57:42 CST 2007

I've been trying to run an old steam game that I used to play quite a bit
off. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 with the very latest NVidia drivers and it
crashes every time. I want to run it in opengl because it performs much
better and I can use AA.

The game crashes every time I go to start it, unless I add the -d3d command
line (to run the game in d3d quite slower) or -software (even worse!)

Here are the errors that come up when it crashes!

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 32 vertex
samplers and 32 total samplers
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected vertex samplers +
MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f654,0x00000000), stub!
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make
sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package
of your distribution.

Please help!!