Packaging - Bundling Mono and Gecko

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Mon Dec 31 09:34:24 CST 2007

Scott Ritchie skrev:
> If I wanted a Wine package to include mono and gecko, what would the
> best way to do this be?
>
> I know we support having gecko installed somewhere on the filesystem so
> it doesn't have to be downloaded (where?), but would I need to make any
> further changes other than adding it to the package at the appropriate path?

I've been looking into it too. Seems to me that no, if you put it in
/usr/share/wine/gecko, you don't need to change anything. However, I
cannot yet build such a package because the mingw cross compiler
currently in debian seems to barf when trying to compile gecko. Also,
I'm unsure what configure options were used. (And no, I don't think
Debian is going to accept precompiled packages...)

> How about mono?  Would it be possible to have mono installed at
> wineprefixcreate time?

As far as I can tell, not without changes.