bugs audit volunteers required

Maarten Lankhorst maarten at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 31 18:10:21 CST 2007

Vijay Kiran Kamuju schreef:
> just like last year we did an audit of all the bugs in bugzilla.
> I think this year also we should do the same, the bugs are growing
> large  and older bugs are being neglected.
> just wanted to say  that we need to check all the old open bugs, and
> test them/ask the user for status.
> Close the bug as Abandoned if there is no response. also test the
> application yourself on latest git.
> this is the work to be done. and we need volunteers for this work.
>
> need volunteers to clear up the mess(old abandoned bugs) in bugzilla
The situation with bugzilla is quite bad. The rate at which bugs are
opened is a LOT higher then the rate of bugs that can be fixed. This
adds a lot of bugs that won't ever be fixed.

The situation also isn't helped by the fact that a lot of the newly
generated bug reports are not of good enough quality. Example: "My
obscure app doesn't do xxx", without for example mentioning what the app
is, or a link to a demo, or insufficient information to really reproduce
the bug.

The situation isn't improved by the fact that bugs are reopened by those
persons after minimal additions. Perhaps we should have a bug
moderation? Only allow bugs that follow the criterion, then have a way
for bugzilla admins to accept bug reports and then a new bug report
entry is created in bugzilla.

-Maarten