bugs audit volunteers required

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Mon Dec 31 18:49:14 CST 2007

Austin English wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2007 6:10 PM, Maarten Lankhorst <maarten at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
>> The situation isn't improved by the fact that bugs are reopened by those
>> persons after minimal additions. Perhaps we should have a bug
>> moderation? Only allow bugs that follow the criterion, then have a way
>> for bugzilla admins to accept bug reports and then a new bug report
>> entry is created in bugzilla.
>>
>> -Maarten
>>

> Does bugzilla support this? How about not allowing someone without
> higher bugzilla privileges to reopen bugs?

It should.  Some of the other projects I work on will only allow a
person with admin level to change
the status of a submitted bug, including re-opening.   I would also like
to see this with bugzilla, even
though I am an ordinary 'user'.   This would prevent users from closing
a bug report and then opening
it again, even if the problem affects a different module.   IMHO, these
are two separate bugs.

James McKenzie