Bug 8236 - broken animations in Dungeon Siege 2

Rob Wilderspin wine at wilderspin.org
Mon Dec 31 12:30:11 CST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 14:27 +0100, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007 19:49:16 schrieb Rob Wilderspin:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm wondering if I can help anyone with the investigation of bug 8236,
> > as I've recently acquired Dungeon Siege 2 and it's unplayable because of
> > one seemingly small bug.
> I wrote a reply to the bugreport

This prompted the suggestion to use the native msvcrt.dll, which indeed
does work around the biggest problem with Dungeon Siege 2, enough to
make it fully playable.  Wonderful!

Many thanks to yourself, Rico and Matthias for looking at this.

If I can help anyone track down what's wrong with the wine version of
msvcrt, please don't hesitate to ask, as it would of course be better to
have this fixed rather than sidestepped.

Regards,
Rob