[lostwages] Update download-deb page with better information, error fixes

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Feb 3 01:06:44 CST 2007

Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> On Di, 2007-01-30 at 01:09 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
>> +
>> +<p>While there is currently no Wine package explicitly designed for
>> the 64-bit version
>> +of Ubuntu, there are several hacks that can be used to install the
>> 32-bit package
>> +into the 64-bit distribution and have it function normally.  See
>> +<a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/I386WineInAmd64">this page on the
>> Ubuntu wiki</a>
>> +for more details.</p>
>
> IMHO, a link to our own Wiki should be placed on the download-deb page
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-56206e8bc74083807ffe06ccb471d3f964cb670a
>

> And as a Note on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/I386WineInAmd64 and
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WineForAMD64
>
> The provided automatic installation script includes the sidenet-script.
> Please include a BIG WARNING, that this is never supported by winehq
> and the users need a clean wine, before they ask for help on #winehq
> or wine-users at winehq.org
>

> You mention sidenet on that page:
> "If you followed the manual instructions you need to install the Sidenet
> script"
> This is wrong. Please remove that line!
>
> Even, when the sidenet-script might help some users to run an app,
> "you need to install the Sidenet script" is wrong!

I still see that information listed on the mentioned page. I was hopping
we could get some useful information for Ubuntu-64 users.
I guess not. I will discourage anyone from referring to the above
mentioned page because it has sedenet script as a "requirement". It's
the same stuff as winetools and _brakes_ default Wine configuration.

Vitaliy