[lostwages] Update download-deb page with better information, error fixes

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Feb 3 14:52:25 CST 2007

On Sa, 2007-02-03 at 01:33 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> > > And as a Note on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/I386WineInAmd64 and
> > > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WineForAMD64
> > >
> > > The provided automatic installation script includes the sidenet-script.
> > > Please include a BIG WARNING, that this is never supported by winehq
> > > and the users need a clean wine, before they ask for help on #winehq
> > > or wine-users at winehq.org

> I just fixed it to make it better.  I have half a mind to delete all
> mention of sidenet from the page entirely.

The Sidenet - Script is still there.

Another Tip:
"Next get the libxxf86dga1 package"

Why that?
DGA was dropped in July 2006:
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=98179f06565b7f681d3cddcce69e25801e3a521f

IMHO, the only useful things, a wine download script can do is:

- download and install wine

- optional download and install the gecko-engine
  - add the "IE 6.0"-Version to the Registry

- optional download and install mono
  - add the ".Net"-Version to the Registry
    (The above mono provides ".Net 1.1")

- optional download and install the corefonts
  suggest a BUG-Report, when the buildin Fonts are not correct

Enable download and installation for native DCOM /
native MSI only as a test, when the buildin versions
do not work and an active wine BUG-ID is provided.

Thanks

--

By by ... Detlef