Helping a user migrate an odbc app to Wine

Kai Blin kai.blin at
Thu Feb 8 01:23:02 CST 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 01:42, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Can somebody help this (german-speaking) fellow:
> He says his company's internal application requires
> you to input a DSN when installing it, and he doesn't
> know how to come up with a DSN under Wine.

The german speaking part is not a problem, I just don't know my way around
that odbc stuff, not even on win32 native.

> Presumably he doesn't want to mess with Unixodbc,
> he just wants to keep using the Microsoft drivers...?

I figure using the appropriate native dlls would work?
I vaguely remember Windows had a tool to set up odbc drivers, what was the exe

Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer
Wine developer
Will code for cotton.