Helping a user migrate an odbc app to Wine

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Sat Feb 10 03:39:39 CST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2007 08:23 schrieb Kai Blin:
> On Thursday 08 February 2007 01:42, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > Can somebody help this (german-speaking) fellow:
> > http://www.unixboard.de/vb3/showthread.php?t=26943
> >
> > He says his company's internal application requires
> > you to input a DSN when installing it, and he doesn't
> > know how to come up with a DSN under Wine.
>
> The german speaking part is not a problem, I just don't know my way around
> that odbc stuff, not even on win32 native.
>
> > Presumably he doesn't want to mess with Unixodbc,
> > he just wants to keep using the Microsoft drivers...?
>
> I figure using the appropriate native dlls would work?
> I vaguely remember Windows had a tool to set up odbc drivers, what was the
> exe called?

it is located in windows/system32 normally. Something like odbcconf.exe or
odbcad32.exe.
With one of those you can create a DSN and after that provide it to the app.
I post a similiar reply in the unixboard.

cu,

Stefan

Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Munz. . . . . . . . . . stefan.munz at itomig.de
ITOMIG GbR . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . www.itomig.de
Sand 14  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . mobil: +49 178 729 72 72
D-72076 Tübingen . . . . . . . . . . . . . .