First implementation of a directplay service provider

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 12:33:42 CST 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007 19:39, Alessandro Pignotti wrote:
> I'm working to implement a service provider compatible with the protocol
> used by directplay over TCP/IP.
> Currently i've implemented the lobby code and tested it against
> simpleconnect.exe and chatconnect.exe from the DirectX 7 SDK.

At the very end of the patch, you missed a C++ style comment.

(+       data->dwReserved1=0x1f4; //Values taken from registry (are they
useful at all?))

Btw, I think you should set that data to NULL for now, rather than any random
magic value.

You shouldn't need the
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_CLIENTSERVER      0x00000001
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_MIGRATEHOST       0x00000004
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_NODPSRV           0x00000040
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_PASSWORD          0x00000080
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_NOENUMS           0x00000100
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_FASTSIGN          0x00000200
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_FULLSIGN          0x00000400
+#define LOBBYINFORMATIONFLAG_ENCAPSULATE       0x00002000
stuff, as dplay.h defines that already, iirc.

+                                       inf->lobbyID=0x01020304;//Just a fixed
Id now, will randomize someday

There is some pattern to the DPIDs after the first. They're not random. I just
didn't quite figure out how it works yet. Btw, you missed a C++ style comment
there.. A few lines over that line, too.

You're not sending a dplay version in your header so far. Is that intentional?

Why are you declaring dummy functions and then comment out setting them in
SPInit()?

Good work, anyhow.
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/