user32: WM_NCACTIVATE sent by set_active_window() should never deactivate

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Feb 12 07:23:32 CST 2007

Felix Nawothnig <flexo at> writes:

> This fixes #7198. Problem is that GetForegroundWindow() sometimes
> returns NULL (MSDN says: "in certain circumstances, such as when a
> window is losing activation"). I didn't bother to check why this
> happens for some apps (winemine works fine for me, winecfg doesn't - I
> suspect timing issues) here as I saw no point in this check anyway:

The point is that the window should not be painted active if it's not
the foreground window too. There is one active window per queue, but
only one foreground window.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at