opengl

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:52:14 CST 2007

On 2/13/07, gaosheng <gs at crosslight.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi:
>    I want to use opengl with wine.
>
> //----Here is my glxinfo.
>
> server glx vendor string:SGI
> server glx version string:1.2
>
> client glx vendor string:SGI
> client glx version string:1.2
>
> OpengGL vendor string:Mesa project:www.mesa3d.org
> OpengGL renderer string:Mesa GLX Indirect
> OpengGL version string:1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
> //------
>
>    I can't init opengl. when ChoosePixel(), it failed.
> Can you tell me the reason.

You will need to have direct rendering, and to see if its currently
activated (status) you can grep glxinfo :

$ glxinfo | grep direct

You will want to make sure it says Yes

tom at prostar ~ $ glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes
tom at prostar ~ $

You may also need to update your module section in your X.org conf file
You will want to turn off dri and turn glx on.

# Load  "dri"
  Load  "glx"

You may also want to grep the vendor

tom at prostar ~ $ glxinfo | grep vendor
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
tom at prostar ~ $

You can run 'glxgears' before and after also, here it makes a huge difference.

tom at prostar ~ $ glxgears
54378 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10875.471 FPS
54802 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10960.384 FPS
54775 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10954.939 FPS
tom at prostar ~ $

Cheers,

Tom