We need a new version numbering scheme

Bryan Haskins kingofallhearts999 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:14:12 CST 2007

90 percent of statistics don't contain a 0 either! Whoops... Jokes aside, I
was answering some wine related question on Ubuntuforums.org and came across
this, many light users tend to do it. I even thought of it that way when I
first learned about the common linux versioning system. I don't think there
is anything we can do about it but educate users. And correct them when they
do this, maybe on the main download info page for repos and such say
outright it's important. Thinks like that. Maybe  on some kind of getting
support page or the future wine help talk about how it's important. even
after 1.0 we'll be hitting this again too unless you do major revisions and
reworking it will always be 1.XX.XX so... they need to get with it somehow.
Just a users POV.

--
Cheers,
Bryan