generic.ppd does not appear in the build dir - cannot print

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sun Feb 18 11:12:32 CST 2007

On Sa, 2007-02-17 at 18:08 -0500, Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
> However, here are the messages that I started getting:
>
> $ wine notepad
> Couldn't find PPD file

This can only happen, when wine is unable to receive a ppd-File
from CUPS and no ppd-file is configured in the registry.

See my previous message :
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-January/053617.html
("trace:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters loaded libcups.so.2")

What do you get from:
$ grep -i  cups include/config.h

Where is the library located, that is used in
"#define SONAME_LIBCUPS" from above
$ find /usr/l* -name libcups.*

What do you get from:
$ file <your_path_and_name_from_above>
$ file /usr/lib/libcups.*
$ file /usr/lib64/libcups.*

> After some playing around I realized that generic.pdd resides in my
> Wine source checkout directory:
> but not inside the build directory:

That is an issue, that must be fixed in wine.

> After finding a quick solution I'm wondering what, a person like me,
> who builds (and runs) wine in a directory parallel to the source,

I do the same here, but my wine is using CUPS

--

By by ... Detlef