0.9.31 not suitable for gaming

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 21 04:52:49 CST 2007

> OK, did it. Sending two traces: A bad one, and a good one made by wine just
> before the above commit.
>                       With regards, Pavel Troller

> trace:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetupFullscreenWindow Old style was
> 90000000,00000008, setting to 90080000,00000008
> trace:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_FlipToGDISurface (0x19daf8)
This here seems strange. If you compare that to the good log you'll see that
IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Init3D was left way to early. As there is no ERR about a
possible reason for the abortion I think that somewhere an exception is
thrown, caught by the game which terminates afterwards.

You can do the following:
-> Run the game in winedbg and see if it catches the execption and gives a
backtrace and crash position
-> Add some extra traces(or ERRs) to Init3D and its subfunctions to catch the
last line that is exectuted successfully.