0.9.31 not suitable for gaming

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Feb 22 09:46:11 CST 2007

Am Donnerstag 22 Februar 2007 16:15 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 22/02/07, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> > OK, never mind. I can continue debugging tonight, just now the machine is
> > occupied by my son and his friend :-). I will look at SetWindowPos().
> > Could you tell me in which file its source is ?
>
> That's in dlls/user32/winpos.c, but I'm not sure how likely it is for
> the problem to be in there.
I do not think that the problem is in SetWindowPos. I think the problem is in
wined3d, either some bad parameter to SetWindowPos or maybe SetWindowPos
causes signals to be sent that native d3d does not send.

That said, this is a Direct3D7 application, where the window setup is done
BEFORE creating the Direct3D device(which calls Init3D in wined3d). So I
gather that SetupFullscreenWindow should not be called during Init3D in the
d3d7 case because the window and fullscreen setting are not changed. Setting
window parameters there may cause signals to be sent to the application that
cause crashes in the app. So I think the question is why
SetupFullscreenWindow is called at all.