kernel32: Set object security on process object in CreateProcess.

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu Feb 22 09:49:28 CST 2007

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> +
> +    /* set process security */
> +    if (ret && psa && psa->lpSecurityDescriptor)
> +    {
> +        NTSTATUS status;
> +
> +        status = NtSetSecurityObject( info->hProcess, DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION,
> +                                      psa->lpSecurityDescriptor );
> +        ret = status == STATUS_SUCCESS;
> +        if (!ret) SetLastError( RtlNtStatusToDosError( status ) );
> +    }
> +

It would be better to pass the security descriptor (or just the DACL if
you would prefer) in the new_process call. You should be able to change
the security structure validation functions to return the number of
bytes used. Therefore, you should be able to put the security data
before the other variable data in the new_process call.

Also, I think several tests in advapi32 should succeed after this patch
is applied so you will need to patch that too.

--
Rob Shearman