a big fan (now with bad news)

Jeffrey Sabarese core5fedora at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 02:53:05 CST 2007

hello there! thanks to all of you who replied to my inquiry about
"ies4linux" vs compatibility w/ such "Windows-native" apps as Bradbury
"TopStyle", HomeSite, etc...

As Joris stated, IE6 sp1 is available at the MS site. I downloaded my
own copy, but i haven't tried it yet because i think i "ruined" my
WinE this evening.

HOW?
as my UserID (NOT as root),  i "re installed" the [.reg] files in the
ies4linux "faux directories"
(as in a command such as :: [ wine '../win.reg' ]) .

I tried [ yum remove wine ], and then [yum install wine] which went
without a hitch, but there's no change in my Primary User (the broken
one)
HOWEVER, WinE continues to run perfectly under other user accounts, and ROOT.

My QUESTION:
How do i "restore" my WinE to a working state for my UserID? (because
only UserID is affected)
I wish to not destroy my Program Files while "repairing" WinE around
it--- if possible.

>From the primary UserID only, i can NOT launch [ winecfg.exe ] for
example in terminal, or anything WinE that i can tell. ([while root,
and other users were apparently not affected])

please help me to restore my "existing" Program files setup, if possible.
it is no "tragedy" if i can not, but i'd like to try. in any event-- i
do need to know how to "restore" it, maintaining program files or not.

thank you!!
best regards,
-JS.

--