Instructions for creating the tests directory

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Jan 6 05:15:01 CST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Bill Medland wrote:
[...]
> I see we have both the old sgml-based docs (which are now on
> sourceforge) and the wiki.
>
> I presume we are maintaining both (i.e. we have not obsoleted the docs).

Yes. They are complementary normally.

> So where do we send patches to the sgml these days?  Still to wine-
> patches?

Yes, send them to wine-patches with a subject starting with
'[WINEDOCS]'.

> Then (I'm using urlmon as a model)-
> What's with the 'generated.c' autogenerated files?

These contain extra (and interesting) tests generated by
tools/winapi/winapi_test. However you don't need them to write or run
your tests (and many dlls don't have a generated.c file).

                  In a world without fences who needs Gates?