[2/8] WineD3D: Catch NOP vertex declaration changes

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 6 06:17:46 CST 2007

Zitat von "H. Verbeet" <hverbeet at gmail.com>:

> Nah, it's correct that the refcounts are broken at the moment. What
> Stefan probbly meant was that we might as well remove refcounting
> completely from that fucntion.

Then so should the AddRef/Release be removed from the StateBlock's
Capture function as well.

If you set p.e. vertex declaration to 0, then you start recording, set
vertex declaration to some object (ref still 1), then stop recording
and get the stateblock, and then let this block Capture the device
stateblock, the refcount of object would be decreased to 0 since the
capturing stateblock's value of vertex declaration is &object, the
device's is 0, and so stateblock would Release the object it holds.