appdb rating inflation

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 14:25:47 CST 2007

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> Lørdag 06 januar 2007 00:28, skrev Kari Hurtta:
>> Kari Hurtta <hurtta+gmane at siilo.fmi.fi> writes
>>
>> in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel:
>>> Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes <alex at thehandofagony.com> writes
>>>
>>> in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel:

>>> Now appdb.winehq.org seems not answer, but on that particular test
>>> there there was on Installs? -column NA (or something like that) and
>>> on Rating -column  Platinum.
>> Look test results for
>>      http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=928&iTestingId=8285
>>
>> There is N/A on Installs? -column
>>

> Yes, because the test results handler does not know whether this application
> has an installer.  Unless this information is stored along with the version,
> we cannot prohibit the use of Installs? N/A.

We could have that I suppose. Then we have the issue of filling in the field
with the correct value. That would be a monstrous janitorial job with over 5000
versions to look over. http://appdb.winehq.org/appdbStats.php

We could lessen the job if we applied some smart logic to it. If we looked at
the existing test results and set "Has Installer" to "YES" if all the test
results had a Yes or No in them and Set "Has Installer" to "No" if all the test
results had N/A.

Even so what do we do about all the applications that have no test results.

Anyway this could be phased in if it is really going to be helpful.

--

Tony Lambregts