configure: add ncursesw detecting [try 2]

Vitaly Lipatov lav at etersoft.ru
Mon Jan 8 06:05:07 CST 2007

В сообщении от 5 января 2007 05:33 Dmitry Timoshkov написал(a):
> "Anatoly Lyutin" <vostok at etersoft.ru> wrote:
> > This patch fixs wineconsole for non latin symbols. If we have ncursesw
> > we use unicode functions to console output.
>
> Most likely the real fixes in your patch are changing CP_ACP to CP_UNIXCP
> and getting rid of hardcoded vkkeyscan_table. Do you have an evidence that
> ncurses is so much broken that it really can't handle UTF-8? Does it work
> if you change the locale to a not UTF-8 one?

Dmitry, as I already post in this thread, we have test program which does not
print correctly ever in UTF-8 locale.
Usual ncurses works in 8-bit locales like koi8-r correctly, but we can't
output in utf8 locale.

Test program for output utf8 string in utf-8 console:

#include <ncurses.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <locale.h>

int main()
{
   setlocale(LC_ALL,"");
    int i=0;
   unsigned char cOut[] = {0xd0, 0x9f, 0xd1, 0x80, 0xd0, 0xb8, 0xd0, 0xb2,
0xd0,0xb5,0xd1, 0x82,0x00 };

   printf("String with cyrillic symbols (out with printf):\n");
   printf("%s\n",cOut);

    initscr();

   mvaddstr(2,0,"String with cyrillic symbols:");

   mvaddstr(4,0,cOut);
   refresh();
   getch();
   endwin();