configure: add ncursesw detecting [try 2]

Vitaly Lipatov lav at etersoft.ru
Tue Jan 9 02:54:04 CST 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 10:18, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> So, you are right Vitaly, "normal" ncurses library doesn't
> support UTF-8, they have invented libncursesw instead of
> adding a proper UTF-8 support. But looks like all they
> redefine all existing APIs to 'w' versions. so you don't need
> to call 'w' versions such as wget_wch directly, get_wch will
> be redefined to wget_wch instead.
We try to rewrote code in universal manner, but old curses code
in wineconsole had many hacks and we are changed some parts
anywhere.
I need to accept this patch for detecting ncursesw. Then we can
send next patches for unicoding.
I do not know about function redefining, there are incompatible
function's arguments (cchar_t vs wchar_t) and it needs various
code...
As I see we need use libncursesw as the main curses library, and
have old curses support for compatibility with some old systems.

--
Lav
Vitaly Lipatov