Looking for sound testers

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Thu Jan 11 14:01:45 CST 2007

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:04:25 +0100
"Maarten Lankhorst" <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've forward ported the old patches of Davin McCall (dsound.patch).
> With them I have no more sound underruns etc, I'm therefore looking
> for other people to test them as well. I'm welcoming comments on how
> it works and possible issues with it.
>
> I also attached my patch to alsa, I'm aware of the things I need to
> fix for that, but I thought it might be good to test dsound with
> winealsa, to see if other things still need to be fixed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Maarten

Hello Maarten,

I have installed your patchs on wine-0.9.29. I tested it with Warblade (www.warblade.as),
an old fashioned shoot'em up, with which sound was very choppy.
Your patches remove all buffer under run errors... but sound is still as choppy as it
was. I tried both hardware acceleration and emulation but none work.
i have alsa 1.0.14rc1 installed.

Please let me know if you some more detailed informations.

Thanks for your efforts anyways!

Séb.