Implement SQLGetInstalledDrivers in odbccp32

Bill Medland billmedland at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 12 08:34:07 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-01 at 13:45 +0100, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> At first:
> Congratulations for the commit of your Patches.
>

> On Do, 2007-01-11 at 09:29 -0800, Bill Medland wrote:
>
> > Bill Medland (billmedland at shaw.ca)
> > Implement GetInstalledDrivers in odbccp32
>
> >  BOOL WINAPI SQLGetInstalledDriversW(LPWSTR lpszBuf, WORD cbBufMax,
> >                 WORD *pcbBufOut)
>
> > +    else if ((reg_ret = RegOpenKeyExA (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /* The drivers does not depend on the config mode */,
> > +            "Software\\ODBC\\ODBCINST.INI\\ODBC Drivers", 0, KEY_READ /* Maybe overkill */,
> > +            &hDrivers)) == ERROR_SUCCESS)
>
> We want to eleminate all CrossCalls:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/CrossCallsWtoA
>
> Please convert RegOpenKeyExA and the string to UNICODE.
> Thanks

The wiki doesn't say but I presume we accept the space penalty and
inconvenience of specifying each character one by one?

(I had been doing the debate, not realising that we had a standard, and
decided to go with the ASCII version because the key is static well-
defined pure ASCII so there would be no loss)

Bill