New list subscriber - Question about gdi:widenpath

Laurent Vromman laurent at vromman.org
Sat Jan 13 03:18:46 CST 2007

Thanks for answering me.

Dan Kegel a écrit :
> Hi Laurent!
> You wrote:
>> I'm trying make a french software called Navigation, used by airplane
>> pilots and created using visual basic, work on linux using wine.
>
> Can you provide a URL to a page describing the software you're trying
> to port?

http://francois.fouchet.free.fr/
The page doesn't exist in english.

>> The point is this software needs gdi:widenpath to work. I'd just like to
>> know if this function is planned for the next release or if I will have
>> to wait a little more.
>
> It's not planned, as far as I know.
Is there a web page where anyone could follow a planning, so that i
won't disturb you to much ?

> If your business really
> needs it, and you're not comfortable trying it yourself,
> you might consider contracting with a Wine
> developer to implement it.   What's your schedule?
>
> For anyone curious about WidenPath(), here are a couple links on the
> subject:
> http://edais.mvps.org/Tutorials/GDI/DC/DCch7.html
> http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=524165
>
> Thanks & good luck!
> - Dan
In fact, I don't need this software professionaly. I wrote what job I'm
doing only to present myself.

I'll try to produce a patch if my skills allow me too and if I find
enough time to do it.

Otherwise I'll wait and keep a look on your mailing-list.

Thank you for your help. I hope I'll come again with something to give you.

Laurent