oleaut32: Remove unused items

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Mon Jan 15 14:58:49 CST 2007

Michael Stefaniuc wrote:

>> -SIMPLE(LONG64, LONG, VarI8FromI4);
> Are you removing a test here?

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure what you mean. All I know is that the "SIMPLE()" macro - also
in oleaut32/vartype.c - is defined as follows.

/* Inline return type */
#define RETTYP inline static HRESULT

/* Simple compiler cast from one type to another */
#define SIMPLE(dest, src, func) RETTYP _##func(src in, dest* out) { \
  *out = in; return S_OK; }

So
    SIMPLE(LONG64, LONG, VarI8FromI4);

generates a function definition similar to

inline static HRESULT _VarI8FromI4(LONG64 in, LONG* out)
{
    *out = in;
    return S_OK;
}

and _VarI8FromI4() is not called from anywhere within the codebase. In
particular, there is not a dll function similarly named but without the
leading underscore to call it. (Compare with VarI8FromI2(), which calls
_VarI8FromI2(), for example.)

VarI8FromI4() seems to be undocumented and unimplemented.

To complete the job - if my patch is otherwise correct - I should also
remove its declaration from include/oleaut.h.

Of course, it may be that this macro should be left in, perhaps marked
as "TODO". I welcome advice.

Thanks,

-- Andy.