Using Wine headers on Mac OS X

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jan 17 03:04:28 CST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Mike wrote:
[...]
> My big question is: when I add the Wine headers to my project, it seems that
> every datatype in the wine headers is undefined. I noticed that most wine
> headers don't have any #includes in them.

Normally the Wine headers have the same set of #include directives as
the PSDK headers. If that's not the case then it's a bug. But yes, the
PSDK headers often don't include each other.

> is there some precompiled or metaheader that I should be including in all of
> the wine files in order to get the compiler to see the data types?

You're probably thinking about 'windows.h'. This is the one header
included by most Windows applications. However it includes most
everything which may be causing problems too.

But since you're porting Windows code, how come it does not already
include the right PSDK headers?

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.