user32/tests: Mysterious WinXP 0xae and 0xef messages.

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Thu Jan 18 19:18:52 CST 2007

Hi!

While improving rejected tests for WM_SETICON:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-January/034949.html
I've noticed, that WinXP sends some mysterious message 0xae, that breaks
tests.

Googling it, I've found few notes indicating to WM_NCUAHDRAWCAPTION
[0xae] message and WM_NCUAHDRAWFRAME[0xaf]. [http://www.werkema.com/
blog/index.php?op=Default&Date=200503&blogId=1] As I understood it,
these messages are used to paint WINXP-specific fancy borders and
captions.

But MSDN shows absolutely absence of any knowledge concerning it.
AFAIK wine does not support them too.

Should these messages be implemented? Or at least add mnemonics to
winuser.h?
Anyway, how those tests should be modified to pass under XP and other
versions?

Thanks,
  Kirill