[AppDB] Langauge fixes for the FAQ

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:34:27 CST 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 17:48, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> Søndag 21 januar 2007 16:16, skrev Francois Gouget:
> > On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> > > Langauge fixes for the FAQ.

> > I tend to prefer 'howto' or 'how to' rather than 'how-to'.
> > Also, plurals normally don't have a single quote. So I'd write
> > 'howtos'. Alternately this could be rephrased as 'How can I submit a
> > how to?'.
>
> how-to is not really a normal word, and to my knowledge, these kinds of
> words should have 's instead of s.

Not that I know of.  I think most native speakers just get the plural s and
the 's genitive mixed up. Like their, there and they're.

Of course, I'd have to ask a native speaker to confirm that.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/