WINSPOOL_EnumPrinters Found 0 printers on system with 1 parallel CUPS printer

Detlef Riekenberg at
Sun Jan 21 13:28:30 CST 2007

On Sa, 2007-01-20 at 23:15 -0500, Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
> $ WINEDEBUG=+winspool wine notepad
> trace:winspool:WINSPOOL_EnumPrinters Found 0 printers

wine loads to get the list of installed printers, but
the command "lpr" is still needed to do the printing.

You must see this line in your log:
 trace:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters loaded
 trace:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters Found 3 CUPS printers:

> I know that wine is compiled with CUPS support

> $ ~/apps/wine-git/configure --x-libraries=/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/
> LDFLAGS="-L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib -L/emul/linux/x86/lib"
> --without-libcapi20 --without-libhal --without-libicu
> --without-libldap --without-libsane > /tmp/wine-config

This looks like a 64Bit machine.
Are you sure, that wine can load cups as 32Bit lib?

> checking for -lcups soname...

This is "" here.
My system has "" as a link to ""

> device for HPDeskjet710c: parallel:/dev/lp0

Here without problems:
device for Z11: parallel:/dev/lp0

> I considered tracing the winespool code ot see where it fails to find
> my printer, but it looks way too cryptic for my uninitiated eyes.

The function is: static BOOL CUPS_LoadPrinters(void)

You can reach me on #winehackers as "winspool"
(GMT + 1h)

By by ... Detlef