DirectPlay should initialize The session guid when creating a session

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 07:26:19 CST 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 20:38, Tomas Carnecky wrote:

> > From Microsoft DirectX SDK Documentation it seems that directplay should
> > initialize the instance guid on session creation, this trivial patch does
> > that.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Does windows do this, too? You can't rely on the MS SDK
> Documentation, always look what windows does and do it likewise. In many
> cases, a wine test should be written to verify the behavior.
>
> 2. Does it solve anything? A bug, a problem with an application?

Right now, it doesn't, as Wine doesn't _have_ a working DirectPlay
implementation. However, Alessandro contacted me some time ago and was
interested in starting to implement it. As I'm still busy working on figuring
out the wire protocol used for dplay, I didn't get around to look at the
programming side of things much.

Alex, what are you currently trying to do? I figure it would make sense to
kill the needed dll overrides for dplay dlls one by one, dplayx.dll might be
a good start to do so.

I'll be happy to help you with writing a test case for your current patch.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/