Daylight saving changes

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 30 06:48:07 CST 2007

Quite a few countries seem to be changing their daylight saving rules
this year. Also Wine stores timezone information in the registry so
won't we need to update the data we store in the registry?

While looking at wine's timezone data I also found quite a few
differences with Windows' data.

Hence the question: Where does wine.inf's current data come from?
Where can one find authoritative data for this?

Does any one have an opinion on what to do about those?

* wine.inf's TZI field does not match Windows for these time zones:
   Won't this impact email tools?
   Arabic Standard Time
   Azores Standard Time
   Caucasus Standard Time
   Dateline Standard Time
   E. South America Standard Time
   GTB Standard Time
   Iran Standard Time
   Israel Standard Time
   New Zealand Standard Time
   Newfoundland Standard Time
   Pacific SA Standard Time

* wine.inf is missing some time zones:
   Ekaterinburg Standard Time
   Greenland Standard Time
   Mid-Atlantic Standard Time
   Nepal Standard Time
   Sri Lanka Standard Time
   W. Central Africa Standard Time

* wine.inf has an extra time zone:
   Mexico Standard Time 2

* Wine's display name is not in the same format as the Windows one:
   For instance for Tonga Standard Time:
   Windows has: "Display"="(GMT+13:00) Nuku'alofa"
   Wine has   : "Display"="Pacific/Tongatapu"

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com