request to change appdb message

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 02:24:43 CDT 2007

> > I think the main problem is that there is a lack of maintainers and the
> > ones that exist seem to be mainly inactive.

Yeah, and it's quite a tedious task to submit test-results, new versions and new
apps into appdb. Maybe we need a few more active ones.

>>If they were active then
> > there would already be notes pointing to easy fixes for the apps like
> > NoCD patches, d3dx9xx.dll files, etc. I agree a pre-parser for common
> > issues would be nice, but probably quite a bit of coding work and likely
> > to get many wrong hits.

I'll try to give it a shot later, something like a page with "commaon failures".
Could take a while though...

> It isn't all that complex. It would require someone to start to
> collect common debug output from users and then look at how we might
> look for particular dlls or errors to identify the particular issue.
> For someone with lots of experience it wouldn't seem to be all that
> difficult but it really depends on how generic some errors are.

I never played with appdb code so i'm afraid i'm of no help there :(