Parallels Wine dlls rebuilt with mingw for your testing

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jul 3 04:26:07 CDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 10:57 schrieb Vijay Kiran Kamuju:
> Hi,
>
> I have went through the code changes of d3d8 in parallels.
> And done a diff with 0.9.36 code, there are almost no changes.
> There are some changes for checking certain functions while loading the
> dll. They have put code in the getting of registry keys in the DllMain.
> These are changes noticed in d3d8.
> Will see the rest of the code?
> Got some other work....
I had a look at the DLLs, and most of the changes are fixes to get WineD3D
compiled on Windows with Visual Studio. In DDraw, there are a number of
nameless union changes. Also in each dll(ddraw,d3d8,d3d9) they added a
passthrough option to call the original MS libs. In WineD3D they replaced GLX
with their propritary OpenGL ICD.

There is also one attempted bugfix for a lighting problem, but which is
wrong(and wine 0.9.36 has a test to show that they are wrong).

All in all there is nothing really interesting in their changes, however I
have written a nice reply mail back inviting them to participate actively in
the development of WineD3D.