dsound: Disable property sets if hardware doesn't support it

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 06:45:42 CDT 2007

2007/7/4, Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net>:
> This patch:
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-June/039942.html
> causes RightMark3DSound.exe
> (http://audio.rightmark.org/products/rm3ds.shtml) to crash.
>
> It appears that the code always expects a property set interface to
> succeed and
> crashes on a NULL pointer when it doesn't.
>
> Reverting this patch lets the program run.
I'm trying to find wether it's a caps/flags issue or wether that patch
is bad, not sure yet.

I cant look today yet, but it seems that returning that is not
entirely invalid, since testsuite for propset sort of allows it to
fail, so perhaps it's something else. I'll try to take a look after
I'm done with exams.

Maarten