programs:extrac32 Add new program (Extrac32.exe) (Pre alpha version :))

Anatoly Lyutin vostok at etersoft.ru
Thu Jul 5 10:17:20 CDT 2007

Kirill K. Smirnov wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,
>> +MODULE    = EXTRAC32.exe
>>
> It is very unusual to have upper-case name of exe file

But in Win it calls as EXTRAC32.EXE (I renamed it in new version). I
think too that it is not beautiful.
>>    WriteConsole(GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE),"Run Wine Extrac32.
>>
> \n",strlen("Run Wine Extrac32.\n"),NULL,NULL);
>
> The utility is compiled as UNICODE (EXTRADEFS = -DUNICODE), thus WriteConsoleW
> is used, but here MultiByte string is passed. As expected, it does not work.
>
> Moreover, if output is redirected to file, it does not work, since
> WriteConsole can be used only with real console. msvcrt printf is better from
> this point of view, but it does not suit us, see bug #8598 and bug #8554.
>
> Currenly working solution is implemented in cmd.exe (and msdn recommends this:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms687401.aspx)

Thank you for information and links,  I will fix it later after  present
version will accepted. Now all messages displays by WINE_TRACE.
I  fear that the "bigger" program will be hard to check. And will be
nice to check small patches that will add functionality.
> --
> Kirill

Thank you.

--