working on urlmon HttpProtocol implementation
jacek at codeweavers.com
Sun Jul 8 17:45:44 CDT 2007
Misha Koshelev wrote:
> Just wanted to let y'all know (so hopefully I'm not duplicating any
> effort) I'm working on an HttpProtocol implementation for urlmon (Vector
> NTI has a bug that requires POST to work for url monikers, and I don't
> want to submit patches to a function that has _hack at the end of
> it :) ).
> Right now I have an implementation that conforms to Jacek's somewhat
> extensive tests already in dlls/urlmon/tests/protocol.c and also has the
> same error functionality as native per my tests (I would change wininet
> functions that native calls to return NULL and see what native urlmon
> returns). Now I will try out some other flags (Jacek's tests are very
> extensive, but only test ASYNC with PULLDATA etc.) to see what else I
> need to do.
I have its incomplete implementation since about 1,5 years, but your
version seems to be about as functional as mine. The reason I didn't
finish it is that I went the native way and wininet is quite not yet
ready for it (it doesn't handle InternetReadFile on async connection
correctly) and I didn't have the time to work on it. Also HttpProtocol
handles connection always asynchronously, it doesn't matter what flags
are passed (I mean at least ASYNC and PULLDATA flags), it's Binding
object's job to make connection sync for the client object.
Let me know if I can help somehow. I also have some tests how
URLMoniker/Binding objects handle http protocol (we're quite near to
make these tests pass for async connections).
More information about the wine-devel