working on urlmon HttpProtocol implementation

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.edu
Mon Jul 9 10:40:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 00:45 +0200, Jacek Caban wrote:
> I have its incomplete implementation since about 1,5 years, but your
> version seems to be about as functional as mine. The reason I didn't
> finish it is that I went the native way and wininet is quite not yet
> ready for it (it doesn't handle InternetReadFile on async connection
> correctly) and I didn't have the time to work on it.
Just out of curiosity what was this non-native behavior in wininet?
Native urlmon calls InternetReadFile (and not the ex version) per my
testing with +relay on wine and I cannot seem to find a way that it's
behavior in async connections differs on wine (but I'm sure you know
more about this than I do)?

> Also HttpProtocol
> handles connection always asynchronously, it doesn't matter what flags
> are passed (I mean at least ASYNC and PULLDATA flags), it's Binding
> object's job to make connection sync for the client object.
>
> Let me know if I can help somehow. I also have some tests how
> URLMoniker/Binding objects handle http protocol (we're quite near to
> make these tests pass for async connections).
>
> Thanks,
>     Jacek

Thanks
Misha