configure complains about liblcms not being there

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Jul 10 11:37:03 CDT 2007

Paul Vriens < at> writes:

> It look like configure is checking for the availability of lcms.h:
> configure:6948: checking lcms.h usability
> configure:6965: gcc -m32 -c -Wcast-qual  conftest.c >&5
> configure:6971: $? = 0
> configure:6985: result: yes
> configure:6989: checking lcms.h presence
> configure:7004: gcc -m32 -E  conftest.c
> configure:7010: $? = 0
> configure:7024: result: yes
> configure:7057: checking for lcms.h
> configure:7065: result: yes
> configure:6948: checking lcms/lcms.h usability
> configure:6965: gcc -m32 -c -Wcast-qual  conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:65:23: error: lcms/lcms.h: No such file or directory
> Mine is at /usr/include/lcms.h (and it's found). Shouldn't that be
> enough to satisfy configure? I doubt anyone will have both.

Yes it's enough, only one of them needs to be found. What you are
probably lacking is the .so symlink, the new code is more strict about
this to make sure we always find the correct library soname.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at