winex11.drv: send proper file path for drag and drop

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at
Wed Jul 11 02:37:40 CDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Lei Zhang <thestig at> wrote:
> Hi,
> Drag and drop currently sends the file path as "\path\to\file" which
> does not work properly for some applications. This patch converts the
> file path to a proper Windows file path, i.e. z:\path\to\file.

I'm not sure we should even be trying to do anything special with the
"text/plain" MIME type like extract a file list: that would generate
WM_DROPFILES when you drag text into an application.

My patch (
that's already in wine 0.9.40 sends WM_DROPFILES on "text/uri-list"
like the X file drag spec says. You're probably seeing the badly
formed paths because both my code and the old code are both building
CF_HDROP formats, and X11DRV_XDND_SendDropFiles just uses the first
one in the list. So, the old code needs to go...