kernel32:tests:path.c Add test for GetShortPathNameW [try3]

Anatoly Lyutin vostok at etersoft.ru
Wed Jul 11 04:53:33 CDT 2007

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Anatoly Lyutin <vostok at etersoft.ru> writes:
>

>> +    if ( GetThreadLocale() == CyrLCID )
>> +    {
>> +        /* Create  directory with Cyrillic long name */
>> +        helper_GetShortPathNameW( pathRL );
>> +
>> +        /* Create directory with Cyrillic short name */
>> +        helper_GetShortPathNameW( pathRS );
>> +    }
>> +    else
>> +        skip( "Not Cyrillic locale.Test skipped.\n" );
>>

> There's nothing specific about the Cyrillic locale in
> GetShortPathName; the only thing that could possibly matter is the
> file system encoding, but that's not the same thing. What are you
> trying to test here?

This test only shows correct work GetShortPathNameW with latin and non
Latin charsets. The Cyrillic locale is chosen only as locale with non
Latin symbols.

I basically searched for a problem in program that uses
GetShortPathNameA and OpenFile16. That is why I wrote test for
GetShortPathNameW first some time ago.

--
Best regards
	Anatoly Lyutin.