programs/winefontcfg: Add winefontcfg

Nigel Liang ncliang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:04:46 CDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a separate tab for fonts in winecfg, rather
> than a separate program.
> Its my opinion of winefontcfg, rather than having a collection of
> configuration tools. Better have one.
>
> Thanks,
> VJ

The main reason I wrote a separate program instead of having it as a
tab in winecfg is because the preview area reflects the changes to the
fontlink registry in real-time. To do this, I had to update the
registry within the main program and have the preview area as a
separate process which is killed and restarted to re-read the registry
entry. Instead of having a seperate binary for the preview area,
winefontcfg calls itself with parameters to specify that it should act
as a child window. It will be hard to do this with winecfg.....

> On 7/12/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> > On 7/11/07, Nigel Liang (梁乃強) <ncliang at google.com> wrote:
> > > Sent in try 2: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-July/041356.html
> >
> > Not all the locals in  FontLinkListBoxWndProc really need to be static.
> > (e.g. 'dst')
> > Those that really need to be static should probably be initialized to
> > zero, and cleared to zero after they're consumed.
> > (I'm thinking of 'src' in particular; it's just scary to
> > have a value hanging around in there after you do the
> > move; what happens if you get a stray WM_BUTTONUP message
> > later?)
> >
> > The code indentation style is nonstandard; I think wine
> > usually uses 4 space, not 2 space.
> > (OK, OK, I probably submitted lots of code that wasn't 4 space
> > indented, but I'm sorry :-)
> >
> > You still have nonportable initializations like
> > +  const WCHAR fontlinktermstr[] = {0,0};
> > Wine uses ANSI C.  You cannot initialize nonstatic arrays
> > at compile time.
> >
> > You have some globals with names that aren't obviously global
> > or easy to search for:
> > +static PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;
> > +static HWND hChild, hParent;
> > This probably isn't too bad, but pi really is too
> > short for a global variable name.
> >
> > - Dan

I'll make these changes and submit another try.

Thanks,
-Nigel