Should Wine move to LGPL 3?

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:18:41 CDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/07, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Tom Wickline wrote:
> > > I was wondering if there are any plans in place for Wine to move to
> > > the newly revised LGPL 3 licence before the release of 1.0?
> > >
> > > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
> > Why should Wine move?
> Why shouldn't Wine move?

LGPL3 = GPL3 + additional permissions:
"This version of the GNU Lesser General Public License incorporates
the terms and conditions of version 3 of the GNU General Public
License, supplemented by the additional permissions listed below."

The GPL3 has no track record so far, and it's too political and
controversial for my liking. Let's wait a while before making the
decision.

> > bye
> >         michael
> > --