Should Wine move to LGPL 3?

David Laight david at
Fri Jul 13 11:02:21 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:18:41PM +0200, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> The GPL3 has no track record so far, and it's too political and
> controversial for my liking. Let's wait a while before making the
> decision.

Many groups are exceedingly worried about parts of GPL3.
Not only commercial companies who may not have been obeying the
general spirit of the GPL, but also people writing software that
is BSD licensed are worried about having GPL3 utilities
included in a software release, and having GPL3 source residing in
the local CVS tree.

David Laight: david at