Colin Finck mail at
Sat Jul 14 09:09:00 CDT 2007

Alexander N. Sørnes wrote:
> As for Norwegian, if you set your locale to the other variant
> (Nynorsk), you
> expect the text to be in Nynorsk instead of Bokmål.  Sure
> enough, if you can
> read one you can read the other, but such users will in
> nearly all cases be
> able to use the English version as well.

Good point.

> because even though we provide a Nynorsk translation, most
> programs will only
> be available in Bokmål.

By the way, do you know what's the sublanguage of the Norwegian Windows
Is it only available in Bokmål or in both variants?

> I'm pretty sure Traditional and Simplified Chinese are quite
> different, as are
> Brazilian and Portugese Portugese.

For Simplified and Traditional Chinese, I also think so, but not for

If you look at the Portuguese resource files, which contain translations for
both Brazilian and Portuguese Portuguese, you see that they are very
I also heard that Brazilian Portuguese vs. Portuguese from Portugal is like
American English vs. British English, but it would be nice if a native
Portuguese speaker could say something about this.

Best regards,