[RFC] winex11.drv: Prepare ChoosePixelFormat() for code rewrite.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Jul 15 17:00:33 CDT 2007

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> This partial rewrite aims at cleaning up the pixelformat code. Windows
> sometimes advertises one or more almost identical and completely
> compatible pixelformats. These pixelformats differ in attributes like
> color-bits, but I suspect the driver developers do that only to work
> around buggy applications that don't follow the spec.
> This rewrite will also simplify the pixelformat code by removing
> redundant blocks and moving the core functionality to a few main functions.
>
> This is the first patch that simplifies ChoosePixelFormat() by
> converting the PFD structure to a list of WGL attributes and then using
> a function to choose the pixelformat. This function doesn't do anything
> as we support only one pixelformat, but this function will be shared
> with wglChoosePixelFormat() once the infrastructure for that is in place.
>
> I also have a second patch that converts DescribePixelFormat() to use
> the same approach, eg. querying the pixelformat attributes using a WGL
> attribute list and then copying the values back the the PFD structure.
>
> ---
Few notes:
You constructed the array of some attributes which you never use. You don't
check if those attributes match anything - the part you removed. When app
will ask for something that can't be supported your code will return it to
the app - which is plain wrong.

And being picky - you using tabs for indentation, please use 4 spaces
instead, and no tabs.

Vitaliy