SUBLANG Rules

Karl Ove Hufthammer Karl.Hufthammer at math.uib.no
Mon Jul 16 01:57:37 CDT 2007

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes:

>> By the way, do you know what's the sublanguage of the Norwegian Windows
>> here.
>> Is it only available in Bokmål or in both variants?
>
> Originally it was only in Bokmål, but I have seen that a few of the recent
> add-on components such as Windows Installer 3.0 are available in Nynorsk
> but not Bokmål.

Windows XP is also available in a complete Nynorsk localisation:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0db2e8f9-79c4-4625-a07a-0cc1b341be7c&displaylang=nn

I assume Vista is / will be too.

I would prefer Wine to respect the 'LANGUAGE' environment variable. On my
computer, it is set to:

nn:no:nb:da:sv:en_GB:en at quot

(The 'no' is only there for any old programs that haven't fixed their
language codes. Only 'nn' and 'nb' should be used for Norwegian
translations.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer