Stencil fbo attachments

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jul 18 06:50:57 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 12:34 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 18/07/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Does that affect only texture attachments, or even renderbuffers? The
> > sample code in GL_EXT_framebuffer_object uses two different renderbuffers
> > for depth and stencil. If even render buffers do not work we're screwed
> > on fglrx(not that this would be news).
>
> Renderbuffers might be ok, but I'm not completely sure.
Apparently not :-(

I tried to get it working, but I didn't have any luck. Either I am missing
something, or it just doesn't work. My attempt is attached

The colorbuffer codepath works nice for the size match too(appart of the
lacking depth blit). Creating the render buffer with the packed depth stencil
format and using one render buffer for both depth and stencil works fine, but
using two different render buffers(both packed depth stencil or one depth24
and the other stencil 8) fails on both nvidia and ati cards. Nvidia returns
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT, ATI just says
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT.

So it looks like we just have to use GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil. That makes
the extension check obsolete too because we can't get anything better than a
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT.